Activities in Sydney

By on 11-06-2012 in Australia 2012

Activities in Sydney

G’ Day Mates!

I know that you are on the edge of your seats waiting to read about all of the happenings in Sydney.

As you may or may not know, we spent a total of six days amongst, as Marilee would say, the “beautiful people.” Though we arrived relatively early on our first day in the city, we decided not to tackle our educational objectives right away.  Trust me, it does not matter how much planning you do, when you are somewhere that beautiful, you just want to explore as much as you can before you have to work. So, Marilee, Megan, myself, Brittany and Cierra roamed the streets for a couple of hours. The best and worst thing about Sydney is that time really flies when you are there. Before we knew it, it was 3:00am and we were exhausted.

On our second day in the city, we decided to start tackling some educational objectives by following our itinerary.  Our first official educational adventure was to the Sydney Aquarium. I do not know what was best, riding the ferry and having the best view ever or taking happy snaps and notes at the aquarium. It was refreshing to see that we were not the only people excited to see the sea creatures in the aquarium, it was packed with people and of course, fun facts.  Did you know that crabs have teeth inside of their stomachs?

The third day of our trip was the day that we set aside to visit the Australian National Maritime Museum.  I love to go to different museums and was fortunate to have the opportunity to say “ I went to a museum in Sydney, Australia!” There are not many people who can say that.  The most interesting thing that I learned from the museum is: The gallery was the United States’ gift to Australia in 1988. It was nice to read something positive and interesting about America that I had never heard before.

What else did we do? I am glad you asked readers. The group and I also went to the opera house and the Sydney Tower Eye. We had so much fun and learned so many new things, that it is hard to say what I liked the most. However, if I had to choose, I would say that the opera house was the best experience because it was something that we all wanted to do collectively. If there is one thing that I have learned from my time here and planning excursions it is this: it is almost impossible for everyone to agree to do one activity at the same time.

What are some things that you have learned about travelling with groups and where were you travelling when you learned those lessons?

Overall, I enjoyed my time in Sydney and I hope you enjoy our photos.

Word of the Day: Swag, which is not a terminology for confidence. It is rolled up bedding, which is carried by a swagman. A swagman is a hobo. Look at that, two for the price of one! 

Only in Sydney

One Comment

1. did you do the full tour of the opera house or did you just go and look around the outside? The tour is a little expensive but I think its worth the guided tour

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *