Student Spotlight: Daouda Bamba

_DSC0484-LMy name is Daouda Bamba, and my major is Business Administration with a concentration in Finance. I am a 2013 graduate from John Bartram High School in Philadelphia, PA. I started my college journey at Central Penn in July of 2013. I chose Central Penn College because of its small class size setting, accelerated terms, and the friendly and supportive faculty members who are always willing to help. My experience at Central Penn College has been nothing but great because they helped me finish my degree faster.

When I came to Central Penn College, I joined different clubs on campus, such as: Student Ambassadors, where I served as the President, International Society Club, where I served as Vice-President and Treasurer, Student Government Association, where I was the Vice-President, and Circle K International. Joining these clubs allowed me to participate in a variety of volunteer activities. I participated in the Wounded Warrior’s Project, food drives, and carwash fundraisers for Hope International. These activities allowed me to give back to the community and allowed me to network. It also helped me build up my resume.

One thing I did during my journey at Central Penn College, was taking advantage of every resource the school has to offer in order to help me be successful. For example, going to my professors’ offices during their office hours for help whenever I needed it. As I am finishing my degree, I was worried about finding an internship, so I turned to the Career Services Office in order to help me find one. Their support helped me find my internship at Pennsylvania Department of Transportation in their Office of Services. Central Penn College has really helped me be the person I am today.